Friday, January 23, 2009

Good Stuff

So, I know by now while reading this blog, it seems that all I ever talk about is how sleepy and tired I am. I wanted to write a little about all the stuff I love so far being a new dad. I thought about it last night while holding my little girl. I never knew how much the smell of my baby would just make me feel comfortable and relaxed. There something about when I kiss her neck or head and I smell her right after a bath or just at the end of my work day.


It's hard to explain that smell. It's unlike any thing you have smelt before and it becomes familiar and calming. I also love when she smiles at me when she sees me. It could be because she thinks I'm funny looking, but I'd like to think it's because she is happy to see me. She's starting to hold on to things too. I love when I pick her up and she can now sort of wrap her arm around my neck. It's exciting to know that she'll only be able to do more as she gets older. Of course it's sad, because I know that as that happens, she'll never be this little any more.

So for now, I'll sit back and enjoy this small moments. All the smells and all the little things. It's a truly amazing experience to be a dad and nothing can compare to it. I hope that everyone that wants to experience this, can. Well, that's it for now. I'll post more later.

No comments: