Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Whatever happened to 8 hours of sleep?

The other night was the first time my little girl actually slept for more that a few hours. She actually slept for seven hours straight! I was very excited, but my wife and I both kept hopping up because we wanted to check on her and make sure she was okay. She had never done that before. So, now that we know that she can do it, we want her to do it all the time, but of course that's ridiculous for us to hold a small new born to that standard. I remember all the nights when I was younger, staying up late playing video games, drinking out with friends, or just hanging out late with some peeps. What I realize now, is that I should have taken that time to enjoy multiple hours of sleep. I'm not asking for much, just a few hours of "solid" sleep. Something around four hours would be nice. But when you don't put your little girl down until 10:30ish p.m., and then try to enjoy some "self" time, and then you have to change and feed her at 12:30, and then again at 2:30a.m. You start to get a little tired. All I got to say is I'm very thankful to all those caffeinated drinks. So, I'll gladly celebrate the end of the week, where I consistently get more than 4 hours of solid sleep. Until then, bring on the Mountain Dew, the coffee double shot expresso Venti style, the jolt gum, and anything else that can keep me going through the day!

No comments: